Skip to main content

USCIS

DAY ONE and counting..
Today our Home study has been received at USCIS and now we wait for our finger prints.
May these days ahead pass quickly.  We were told that now we will be traveling to Texas instead of Mississippi for our fingerprints.  So this will be a great change from previous areas we were printed at. 
We still have to update our FBI finger prints and send these off for authentication.  And next begin updating all our documents so they do not expire.  Our family will be traveling during the winter this next year so we will began collecting winter items for the children's orphanage.  We try hard each trip to leave donations to the little ones that remain behind.  During our adoption we will do a duffle~bag fundraiser to pack the items in.  Presently it cost $100 extra to bring a nice size duffle.  So we will fill this with socks, mittens, hats and small crib size blankets.  So of this stuff we can purchase over in their country but some items are very high and hard to come by.   I remember our first adoption we brought tricycles and stuffed them around clothes for the younger children.  With all the years that have passed there are many new children stores where you can purchase things there with out having to pay for duffles.  I learn over the years what items cost more and also items that are very hard to find.

Hard to keep from purchasing clothing.  So I shop the sales this winter and estimate what sizes I think they might wear.   With all the children we have adopted most of the children are a little smaller than their actually age.  When traveling I carry a note book and pen and pencil.  I trace their feet and check the tags in their clothing.  I also bring a small foot measurer so when I am shopping the markets I look for heavy winter boots and snow suits for them, should it be during the colder months.  Winter packing involves more luggage than the summer months.  I suggest to all is to layer your clothes, foot wear is the most important thing next to a good winter coat.  Purchase comforter socks and footwear.  In winter rubber rainboots and lined if possible.  There are plenty of boots available in their country.  So purchase there if possible. but always have a good pair of walking shoes.  You will be walking a lot so I suggest you take small walks each day to be prepared.  I worn out several pairs of footwear while over seas.  While at airport wear easy to slip on and and slip of footwear.  Bring a pair of fold able house slippers for orphanage visits.  Some orphanages require that you remove your shoes.. 

Let's talk about planning and preparing.  We have months to prepare for our trip and also we have learn to pack the correct way to save time and worries.  We learned what not to bring and what we need to survive.   Food is plenty and save the space.  Never over pack, I say never over pack.  What you bring you will carry. Clyde is mobile so we will learn just how mobile he is.  Our understanding he is a typical little wild boy.  Much like our Katya was when we adopted her.  Now that she is older she has calmed down greatly.  

This week I am going to shop these winter sales to gather up things for Clyde.  I have began to make each little guy a blanket for them when we adopt him.  This way they can keep warm while in country and also when traveling home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dolly~God's Little Angel On Earth

Dolly This pass year many ups and downs, especially with funds.  I decide that instead of worrying about raising the funds for our boys I wanted to help a friend instead. There is a little girl I had my heart in love with little Dolly.  Little Dolly is so much like our girls Chrissie and Penelope.  And such a beautiful smile. One day I was checking children out available for adoption and little Dolly kept coming through my mind.  I saw where someone was inquiring about her and telling me she did massage therapy.  And did wonders for children needing Physical Therapy.  After we chatted for a few hours I fell in love with this person and knew she loved Dolly as her daughter.  Through the pass several months she has sold many items to submit her dossier and one of them was her wedding dress.  I wished I had the funds where I could have purchased it and then sent it back to her after the adoption had been completed.  When adopting families do what they can to bring in funds.  A

Poppy-sue

Here's Poppy. ❤ Our family adopted Penelope February 2015 from a little city called Kharkiv.   She's our little princess and chatter box.  Penelope was given the nickname Poppy after a flower I loved as a child.  Growing up in England the Poppy filled the fields and hills. A field of beauty... And this beauty reminds me of the soul of my precious child.