Skip to main content

What does a child leave with when they are adopted?

When it is time to pick up your child from an orphan many of you ask what do they leave with?
In many cases a child leaves and there is not even underwear.  Everything is shared, even their underwear.
Your child is taken privately to a room and dressed to leave.  Many times their clothing is removed and quickly dressed to cover bruises and scars.

These little underwear are the first article of clothing added into a piece of luggage for Clyde.  These will be his very only underwear.  He will not have to share them with anyone.  This will be the very first item he will own.   Sad to say  that this was his life, he had nothing of his own.  Nothing to call his own.. No family, no siblings, no Poppa or Mama, a grandparent or aunts or uncles. Clyde spend his day surrounded by other orphans. Some days it was staring out the window of the orphanage wondering what was on the other side.  Living with in gates for the pass 4 years of his small life.  No one called him son, or maybe told him he was loved.  It is hard to accept that a child as cute as him waits.  He is not the only one, there are thousands of children.  Many of them from birth wait and wait..

The last several years of my life I learned how fragile can be. Our city had a tornado go through.



Many homes were destroyed and a little two year old girl died.  Life is fragile and precious..  And at anytime a person, a child anything can happen and make your life turn upside down.  Fair~ no it is not fair this is life.
So these small Mickey Mouse panties will be worn one day.  He will run around in them and jump high in them.. He will look up and have aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, a Dad, A Mom, some dogs and some cats.  He will be loved, he will be cherished, he will not do without food or having some one to tell him he is loved.  Across the seas he waits, and also little Ellie.  Both children are 4 and will be 5 when we officially adopt them.

Adding on a second child means additional funds are needed.  These funds are to pay for a notary, documents, attorneys, visas and medical.. The list goes on and on.  Many of you think that adopting a child should be free, but it is not.  Every dollar matters and every dollar is appreciated.  The cost of adding Ellie to our adoption is right at $15,000.  This we will have to raise on top of what is needed for Clyde.  This is alot to raise in a matter of months.  Having to redo an entire dossier will cost us thousands and having to use our savings to redo.  It will be double to dossier again, so I ask that you please pray for us in these much needed funds.  God moves mountains daily and I know he is kind and he will guide us in obtaining what these little ones need.  

Some of you know us from prior adoptions, all our children are special needs children.  One of our children Jake is terminal with Cystic Fibrosis.  Jake's youngest sister died from Cystic Fibrosis complications.  Jake was luckily he survive and Jake has fought this battle for 10 years.   People may think we are crazy but these children need family..  Our family is not perfect by all means, nor are we in funds but we have been blessed by the love of these precious children.

I am a big advocate on adoption.  My husband Gary and I adopted 7 children from Bulgaria and Ukraine.  each is unique and one of a kind.  There is no other child like another.  One like pretzels and the other prefers chips one like chocolate milk and the other likes juice... My kids are not perfect, they make messes, talk loud and rather eat pizza than steak..

I am not a blogger by all means, I can not remember off the top of my head bible verses any more.  The last several years of my life I an not tell you when I watched TV without it being a cartoon.  This is my life and how I love to live it.

There is several months before we travel and between this time we have to raise these funds.  Each night I pray to our Lord for guidance for our adoption and also for our children  both at home and in orphanages.  Daily I think if they are both okay and if they are well.  Medical are is not like we have here in the U.S.  Many children die within the first 5 years.  After the 5th year both our children will be moved out of the baby houses an into adult institutional settings.  All hope for them being adopted are very slim.  There are many children with the same illnesses waiting and many not receiving medical care.  Again please I ask for your prayers and for you to help advocate for both Ellie and Clyde..

 


http://bossierpress.com/ef-1-tornado-confirmed-in-bossier-haughton/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dolly~God's Little Angel On Earth

Dolly This pass year many ups and downs, especially with funds.  I decide that instead of worrying about raising the funds for our boys I wanted to help a friend instead. There is a little girl I had my heart in love with little Dolly.  Little Dolly is so much like our girls Chrissie and Penelope.  And such a beautiful smile. One day I was checking children out available for adoption and little Dolly kept coming through my mind.  I saw where someone was inquiring about her and telling me she did massage therapy.  And did wonders for children needing Physical Therapy.  After we chatted for a few hours I fell in love with this person and knew she loved Dolly as her daughter.  Through the pass several months she has sold many items to submit her dossier and one of them was her wedding dress.  I wished I had the funds where I could have purchased it and then sent it back to her after the adoption had been completed.  When adopting families do what they can to bring in funds.  A

Poppy-sue

Here's Poppy. ❤ Our family adopted Penelope February 2015 from a little city called Kharkiv.   She's our little princess and chatter box.  Penelope was given the nickname Poppy after a flower I loved as a child.  Growing up in England the Poppy filled the fields and hills. A field of beauty... And this beauty reminds me of the soul of my precious child.