Skip to main content

Court and Cancer

Since returning from Trip one I haven't felt do well.  Luggage still packed and grant applications sat close by to be filled out.  Much of our funds used to update documents and travel.  Saving some of our remaining funds for travel for Trip 2. Luckily we found reasonable airline tickets.  And we flew close to the city which saved us several hours if travel time.  It cost us a tad bit more on travel costs.  Not feeling well and to be able to visit the children earlier we chose to fly to the nearest airport.  We found out before departing luggage costs weren't included in airline tickets.  Another 40 Euro for each  2 bags (80)  about 100 plus US dollars.   And then prior to returning we left donations so it put us back to only paying for one bag another 40 Euros.  150 or so we did not plan in our budget.  We ate breakfast at hotel, no costs.  Skipped lunch or ate a small snack of fruit from Breakfast.  Then dinner we purchased a few things from store to eat.  So about 2 dollars for both of us dinner.

Prior departing for Trip two. I had not felt good at all.  So I went to my doctors.  You think having updated our medical exams so much and great clearance all would be okay.. Our doctor referred me for additional blood work and tests.  As I repacked my luggage I found some things Sage had given me.  A photo of us as a family.   Knowing this next trip officially we would be their parents. 

A few days prior of leaving this pain got worse and I had no energy.  Thinking maybe first trip was just a little from rushing to get documents for court and rushing from plane to plane. ✈

As I was packing up final items I git the worse call to return to my doctor.  I was then scheduled to see yet another doctor.  The words cancer was mentioned.  Then I explained we are heading for court and please call me the results of all tests.

Boarding our flight I felt dizzy and nausea.  This is not me.  Upon arriving a difference in time of 7 hours night where we were and daytime in U.S..  Preparing for court the next day. I found out and confirmed it was cancer.  And it had spread. 

Court as we stood.  Our medical clearances were honesty correct at the time we had done them.  Nit planning on cancer.  Both children watching as the judge read each child's history.  My son both in Prison and his mother abandoned him once out because his kidneys were failing.    He told his friends daily his mother was coming .  He cried as they read his life openly to everyone.  He had ni family nor a father who had cared. How could I leave this child?  A child who I love and dreamed for as our son.

Barbara giggling through court all I could think of is I gotta beat this cancer.   No this is not fair.  Cancer us not fair on anyone.  Once home these children will have endless family, dogs, cats, brothers and sisters. Most if all be cherished.

I chose to wait for treatment and surgery.  My choice... God got us this far and be darn if I give up now.  I've climbed mountain after mountain. 

The children are legally ours.  Praying God helps us bring them home.  Financially we took out loans, saved and sold things to get this far.  Please pray with us during this time.  Also pray as I go through surgery and therapy.... God bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dolly~God's Little Angel On Earth

Dolly This pass year many ups and downs, especially with funds.  I decide that instead of worrying about raising the funds for our boys I wanted to help a friend instead. There is a little girl I had my heart in love with little Dolly.  Little Dolly is so much like our girls Chrissie and Penelope.  And such a beautiful smile. One day I was checking children out available for adoption and little Dolly kept coming through my mind.  I saw where someone was inquiring about her and telling me she did massage therapy.  And did wonders for children needing Physical Therapy.  After we chatted for a few hours I fell in love with this person and knew she loved Dolly as her daughter.  Through the pass several months she has sold many items to submit her dossier and one of them was her wedding dress.  I wished I had the funds where I could have purchased it and then sent it back to her after the adoption had been completed.  When adopting families do what they can to bring in funds.  A

Poppy-sue

Here's Poppy. ❤ Our family adopted Penelope February 2015 from a little city called Kharkiv.   She's our little princess and chatter box.  Penelope was given the nickname Poppy after a flower I loved as a child.  Growing up in England the Poppy filled the fields and hills. A field of beauty... And this beauty reminds me of the soul of my precious child.